Recent research has found ginger to be effective for reducing the nausea and vomiting associated with pregnancy, and the pain associated with menstruation. It has also shown ginger to be effective against colon cancer and the devastating effects of liver cancer.
If you’re suffering from nausea and vomiting as a result of pregnancy, you may want to consider a daily dose of ginger. Studies were performed on expectant mothers, where half were given 250 mg capsules of ginger four times a day for four days, and the other half of the women received placebos with the same prescriptive form and direction. The ginger users demonstrated a higher rate of improvement compared to the placebo users (85% versus 56%). The decrease in vomiting times among ginger uses was also significantly greater than among the women who received the placebo (50% versus 9%).
Here are some other benefits of ginger that will benefit others, as well:
- Ginger halts menstrual pain as effectively as drugs
- Ginger has a distinguished career as a spice and a healer
- Ginger offers potent cancer protection
- Ginger relieves motion sickness
- Use the freshest ginger you can find
- Ginger makes drab dishes come alive